A paper by Westrich et al. (2023) examines payer perceptions of 5 completely different worth frameworks. Worth frameworks of curiosity included:
- American Society of Scientific Oncology (ASCO) Worth Framework,
- Drug Pricing Lab’s Drug Abacus (previously Memorial Sloan Kettering Most cancers Heart’s Drug Abacus),
- Institute for Scientific and Financial Overview (ICER) worth evaluation framework and proof stories
- The Innovation and Worth Initiative (IVI)’s Open-Supply Worth Undertaking fashions,
- Nationwide Complete Most cancers Community (NCCN)’s Proof Blocks
The authors performed a double-blind, web-based survey to evaluate payers’ perceptions of those worth frameworks. Total, 51 well being care payer respondents discovered that the an important elements when deciding on a worth framework was that (i) applicable metrics and outcomes had been included, (ii) comparative medical effectiveness info was supplied and (iii) the outcomes had been methodologically rigorous and unbiased.
Among the many 5 worth frameworks, ICER, NCCN and ASCO had been the worth frameworks thought-about most helpful for formulary selections, whereas ICER was far and away essentially the most helpful for drug value negotiations.